63175Beach Cat, Original or Upgraded?

  • Michael
    Feb 28, 2010
      I am deciding whether to build the original keel Beach Cat or the upgraded centerboard version. I like the wide open sole of the original version, but I wonder about how well it goes to weather with the shallow keel.

      Does anyone out there have a Beach Cat or had a ride in one who can tell me about going to weather? I rarely (never deliberately) go out when the wind is really howling, but do get caught out now and again, so some thoughts on performance in light air as well as high winds (20 mph plus) would be greatly appreciated.
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic