63026Re: Stitch & Glue Gloucester Light Dory - The real answer

  • Myles J. Swift
    Feb 8, 2010

      Murray,

      If you want a cheap and fast build in a rowboat you might like June Bug. I have a spot on a lake and row June Bug in the morning calm myself. It rows quite well with one person. My wife and I sometimes row together for exercise. The plus is that of all the easily handled boats, it has the most initial stability. It is under 100 pounds and with the flat bottom is easy to pull up onto a dock. Bolger built it to replace his own worn out light dory because he wanted something to row back and forth to his float that was stable enough to set moorings and move some weight, rated for near 1000 pounds. Row it with short strong strokes and it moves out.

      MylesJ

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic