62952Re: [bolger] Re: Laminating plywood

  • Bill Howard
    Feb 3, 2010
      On my first  boat, a Bolger June Bug, I experimented with several glues, Weldwood Plastic Resin, Epoxy and Weldwood Resorcinol.  Weldwood Plastic was the least expensive.  I used it for laminating my mast.  I used epoxy on the butt joints.

      I would use Weldwood Plastic Resin for any joints or laminating dimension lumber.  I believe epoxy would be supreior for laminating plywood because of its gap filling properties.  Weldwood Plastic Resin does not fill gaps.

      I found Resorcinol to be more expensive, harder to mix, and generally messier than Plastic resin.

      On Feb 3, 2010, at 11:10 AM, Steve Rose wrote:

      I'd lean more towards Weldwood Plastic Resin Glue than PL, it has a good track record with boat building and is much nicer to work with in my opinion than the epoxies and it's less money

      Connect with friends from any web browser - no download required. Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger for the Web BETA at http://ca.messenger .yahoo.com/ webmessengerprom o.php

    • Show all 42 messages in this topic