61724Re: [bolger] Re: Check Gloucester Daily Times 10/12/09

    Oct 13, 2009
      On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 2:04 PM, paul.glassen <glassens@...> wrote:

      > For 40 years I have been a sympathetic appreciater of what Phil Bolger and his 'boats for everyone, cautious use of material and resources' philosophy.
      >
      > As a US citizen who has lived abroad for the last 15 years I have gained a little perspective on how we are viewed around the world. People throughout the world would be afraid of any intervention by a country currently pursuing military invasions of two other countries, maintaining wide spread 'black site' torture prisons and the humiliating shame of Guantanamo Bay.
      >
      > If only we could stick to building smart, simple efficient boats for humane use.

      To me, that difference is what is brilliant about this PB&F Navy
      project. Winning hearts and minds. The Navy provides useful,
      efficient, sustainable boats to poor people in the third world. They
      use the boats for fishing, etc.. Hopefully then, the Navy builds
      local trust. If some disaster or security issue develops at some
      point in the future, these new allies can help us by distinguishing
      the local good guys from the local bad guys.
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic