60160Re: [bolger] Re: Sneakeasy pictures

    Apr 23, 2009
      On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 8:12 AM, Gabriel K. McAtee <gmcatee@...> wrote:

      > I have to wonder if something like Lynx couldn't be done cold-molded.
      > It'd be marginally more expensive than plank on frame, but ultimately
      > probably stronger and a lot easier to build.

      Lynx could be easily laminated up from thin strips of plywood (cold
      molded). I did cold molding once, and as long as I avoided fussing
      about precision and cosmetics, (which are unnecessary with cold
      molding anyway), I found cold molding to be a quick, strong, light
      weight, error tolerant, and very easy way to build a hull.
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic