59881Re: Wolfpack isometric

  • daschultz2000
    Mar 5, 2009
      Yeah way cool concept. It would be a fun boat with most any high HP engine and propulsion, but the prospects for the jet as Bolger described sound like real adventure.

      The isometric version looks more like a garvey hull w' a cutwater that becomes a clam skiff like shoe than the sketch from MAIB which I somehow thought was more MicroTrawler/Retriever like with a deeper box cutwater.

      The isometric no doubt tells a more accurate story. So I take back using Retriever plans as a guide for scantlings and frame spacing to build Wolfpack. Perhaps one of Glen-L's Garveys or one of their dory work boats.

      Really neat sketch Bruce.

      Thanks,

      Don

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Hallman <bruce@...> wrote:

      > http://flickr.com/photos/hallman/3329387686/
      >

      > Some may recall this concept boat, 22 ft, designed for hunting in
      > mountain rivers. Shallow draft, fast with good load capacity for
      > carrying game, jet thrust powered by a small block V8 Chevy engin,
      > the topside framing is intended to allow boat to push through
      > overhanging brush.

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic