59833Re: [bolger] Re: Tennessee Build.

    Feb 27, 2009
      On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 1:17 PM, my48cj2a <my48cj2a@...> wrote:

      > I am not trying to sound rude. If I did offend I am sorry. That was
      > not the intention. I am to used to my vendors jumping at the chance
      > to sell a product during the hard times now. I am a fabricator I run
      > with strict guidelines at my shop. My job is to get the job done now.
      > That is why I am still in buisness and the others around me are
      > folding up. I have to set aside time for my stuff between jobs. That
      > time is on the way. I have to do something now or wait another year
      > to get started. The other gentleman said he has been waiting since
      > last fall for info.I left a fax number and 2 seperate e-mails. I
      > can't bring myself to just send money without any information.Plus I
      > do not know how much or what I get with the plans. Everything is one
      > big question mark right now.

      Fair enough. If you sent Phil Bolger 2 emails, don't hold your
      breath, as I don't think he uses email. Bolger doesn't really fit
      into a standard "vendor" model.

      It also is true that at least two people have been waiting years for
      commissioned designs, which is a shame of course. Commissions involve
      creativity, and sometimes finding the creative spark doesn't come
      easy. Especially if you are 82 years old making decisions about too
      many things to do and too little time to do it. I can see both sides
      of the issue, the buyers and the designers.

      If you have access to a library, the out of print 1980 book by Phil
      Bolger "Different Boats" has a chapter on the Tennessee design, which
      includes reduced sized images of the plans. ISBN 0-87742-134-X.
      Indeed, there is enough information shown in that book to build the
      boat.
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic