      From: ghartc <gregg.carlson@...>
      Subject: [bolger] Thai Catamaran
      To: bolger@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, February 3, 2009, 1:53 AM

      My sailing partner returned from Thailand recently with a series of
      pictures of an odd and interesting catamaran. Essentially, a series of
      beams lash into dovetails in the amas, and it appears the house sits in
      the middle. Most all the rigging is soft, and there appear to be some
      great ideas on how to spread the point loads, probably without much
      metal.

      It looked like outboards swing down in wells, and a swinging deck
      appears ready to launch and retrieve a dinghy. Masts are in
      tebernacles. I wasn't there, but he'd understood the builder "stole"
      many of the ideas from pacific islanders. That's about all I know about
      it. Appears a lot more exotic than a Wharram.

      I posted the pics on the main Bolger groups pics under "Thai Catamaran".
      Hopefully, this link will take you there:

      http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/bolger/ photos/album/ 518296840/ pic/list
      <http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/bolger/ photos/album/ 518296840/ pic/list>

      Regards, Gregg Carlson