59675Re: [bolger] Tennessee Build.

    Feb 3, 2009
      On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 8:54 AM, my48cj2a <my48cj2a@...> wrote:
      > I am going to build the Tennessee. I like the shallow draft. It will be
      > perfect...

      Another shallow draft Bolger boat almost identical in draft, size and
      complexity as the Tennessee is the Topaz. The difference is that
      Topaz uses the 'twisted panel' forefoot bow technique found on Bolgers
      more modern designs. Also, there is the "Blackfish" which is similar
      to Topaz but has a wider stern compared with the narrowing Topaz
      stern. I am guessing that if you asked Bolger, he would try to steer
      you towards his more recent designs because they reflect his most
      recent ideas of what is "good". The blunter Tennessee bow might not
      cut as cleanly through choppy water as the twisted panel. My guess
      would be these boats all would take about the same amount of time to
      build. (variables+/-, of course, but building time correlates closely
      with total displacement, and these three boats have nearly identical
      displacements.)

      Here are some 3D renderings of Tennessee.

      http://www.flickr.com/search/?s=int&ss=2&w=86125870%40N00&q=tennessee&m=text

      I will try to put up isometric renderings of the Topaz later...
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic