59657Re: Small boat vs. small boat

  • Myles J. Swift
    Feb 2, 2009
      Jim Michaels asks "Anybody thought about a Junebug? I've seen some beautiful Junebugs and they are very versitile (can be rowed, paddled or sailed)."

      I love my June Bug. If the wind is up I can stay with the Lasers. Rowing in the early calm is nice. I set up both rowing positions and we do that for exercise when we are at our cabin. Sailing with two adults is do-able but not quick. Rowing is good with one, two or three aboard.

      I'd not put JuneBug at the top of the listed of car toppers. 20 year ago I would have been able to do that easily, not so much now. A June Bug trailer can be very minimal. Mine is a sprung axle kit welded to an old bed frame. Somebody else made it years ago but it work great and is June Bug is very quick to launch and retrieve.

      We've lifted June Bug over the rocks at a local messabout. It is easy for 3, work for 2, and I wouldn't try it alone.

      MylesJ