59649Re: Small boat vs. small boat

  • Jamie Orr
    Feb 1, 2009
      I built an Elegant Punt for/with my eight year old son because it
      didn't need epoxy or glass, which meant he could safely help. It
      turned out to be a great little boat, it carried the whole family
      (four of us) while the kids were small (about ages 9 and 12) and it's
      still in use 12 years later, protected only by oil paint over the fir
      ply. It sails well enough with the standard instant boat rig, over-
      the-side daggerboard and all.

      Jamie

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "ladycathyofwales"
      <catherine.james@...> wrote:

      > Looking at the smallest Bolger boats, I'm trying to determine the
      > tradeoffs between Tortoise, Elegant Punt, and perhaps Teal. All 3
      > seem to be simple one-man boats, with Teal a little harder to build
      > but probably a better sailor. Are all 3 realistically car-toppable?
      >
      > Likewise, what are the tradeoffs between a Brick and the PDRacer
      that
      > has gotten so much attention?
      >
      > Cathy

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic