59364Re: Water Ballasted Chebacco

  • Jack&Lois
    Jan 8, 2009
      You are obviously well informed and educated re.righting moment, hull speed,
      and other mystical aspects of boat design. I only want to say that I spent a
      delightful afternoon last summer with Harold Payson on his back porch last
      summer discussing Bolger designs. One comment from Payson stays with me.
      "Bolger has an uncanny understanding of what the underwater shape of a boat
      should be." That remark alone is enough to prevent me mucking about with
      anything below the waterline on any Bolger design. I have taken some
      liberties with the top sides of several of his designs. None have proved
      disastrous. But have I really improved anything? Who knows? Just thought I
      should mention this. Good luck.

      jeb, suspecting global warming is a very silly conspiracy theory, on the
      frozen shores of the Bay of Fundy.