59354Re: Water Ballasted Chebacco

  • mcdennyw
    Jan 8, 2009
      Chris, You need both lines of the link - the yahoo text editor cut
      it in two. Alternatively look in the "designs and plans" section of
      the WoodenBoat Forum for the "Water Ballast Chebacco topic"

      I sort of agree with the notion that the water doesn't have a
      righting moment until it goes above the actual water line because we
      are comparing a flat bottom to a deeper round bottom. Its like the
      water ballast is on the outside of the flat bottom.

      The round bottom hull would be less stable than the flat without the
      water ballast.

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher C. Wetherill"
      <wetherillc@...> wrote:
      > Greetings,
      > I could not find the images in your link. It seems to me that
      water ballast, being neutral buoyant at best, has no appreciable
      effect until it is raised above the waterline. I will admit,
      however, that it has been several years since I took a class in ship
      > V/R
      > Chris
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic