59031Re: Dovekie for Sale

  • muscongus
    Nov 13, 2008
      Hello,
      I've gotten a lot of interest in the Dovekie, as well as several
      thoughtful emails about not discounting the value of shallow draft in
      Maine. I do know that the boat will not see any use for several years,
      so I'm sure I want to sell it.
      I've reduced the price to $5500 with the Honda 2hp, and $5000 without
      the Honda. That's my bottom line. It's very well equipped and in
      excellent shape.
      Photos available by email, as well as a list of additional equipment
      and extra canvas etc.
      Thanks,
      Jack

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "muscongus" <muscongus@...> wrote:

      > Hello Folks,
      > My wife and I are moving to Maine, and I've decided to sell the Dovekie.
      > We'll have a new house and barn to work on and little time, and will
      > probably try to find a small cruising keelboat (Stonehorse maybe) once
      > we're settled in.
      > The boat is in great shape.
      > Two good sails, one of the newer , larger sails (143sq'), and a spare,
      > the smaller (128sq').
      > All canvas covers are new, made of SunbrellaPlus, (hatch covers,
      > dodger, rearcockpit cover, back porch) Back porch has stainless sell
      > tube frame, two layer sides, (window and screen). There are two good
      > sets of older canvas covers as well, one dodger with window. Nearly
      > new Honda 2hp 4stroke long shaft outboard. Factory side outboard
      > mount. Large bulkhead mount compass. New portapottie, larger holding
      > tank. New Bruce anchor/6' of chain/nylon rode. New halyard, Forestay,
      > sheet. Deck white, bottom and topsides repainted green. Large
      > fiberglass Leeboards, fiberglass boom gallows, wooden mast and boom
      > (refinished). New Seaswing gimballed stove, propane, with quick mount
      > to forward edge of cockpit bench.
      > Three new trailer wheel/tires. Trailer very good condition. New carpet
      > on trailer bunk boards.
      > Email for photos.
      > muscongus@frontiernet,net
      > Asking $6000 for all.