59012RE: [bolger] Re: Copyright and Boat Building...
- Nov 9, 2008Since were on the topic; what If a person had gone to the local
Marina and took the lines of a random boat to make up their own plans.
Perhaps those lines happen to be from a Bolger Boat, then it seems to be all
ok! Yet to copy a piece of paper with the same information is a great evil
to many in the boating world. I suspect if Bolger or anyone else had never
taken a line or an idea off someone else's design in the first place we
would still be building Dugout Canoes and Pot boats. Law is different in
every country anyway so it really doesn't apply, I think using common sense
and respect is more important. Don't sell Bolgers plans for profit, give him
recognition for the great work he has done. Staples, just has blanket rules
that I suspect only part of the staff follow anyway, go to five Staples and
I suspect you would have the copies.
From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf Of
Sent: Sunday, November 09, 2008 2:06 AM
Subject: Re: [bolger] Re: Copyright and Boat Building...
There isn't a darn thing illegal about making copies for your own use, as
long as you're not selling them or giving them away. It fits into the
notion of "fair use." I don't like intellectual property pirates either,
but that's not what Staples was refusing to do.
On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 08:31:56 -0800, Chris C wrote:
As far as I can tell, you're upset because a business followed the law.
> Do you want us to be upset too?
It is better to have loafed and lost than never to have loafed
at all. <James Thurber>
- NO "GO AWAY SPAMMER!" posts!!! Please!
- no cursing, flaming, trolling, spamming, respamming, or flogging dead
- stay on topic, stay on thread, punctuate, no 'Ed, thanks, Fred' posts
- Pls add your comments at the TOP, SIGN your posts, and snip away
- Plans: Mr. Philip C. Bolger, P.O. Box 1209, Gloucester, MA, 01930, Fax:
- Unsubscribe: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open discussion: email@example.com Yahoo!
No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com
Version: 8.0.175 / Virus Database: 270.9.0/1778 - Release Date: 11/9/2008
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>