58942Re: replace epoxy with resorcinal??

  • rpspiritwaters
    Oct 26, 2008
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "bill shamblin" <bshamblin2002@...>
      wrote:

      > builders,
      >
      > allergic to epoxy from previous boats, and wary of suiting and gloving
      > to build a catboat, i wonder if i can make adequate wood joints with
      > resorcinol?? the glued-together boat would have polyester or
      > vinlyester glass cloth inside and out?? thanks in advance for any
      > help.
      >
      > bill in nc

      Bruce is right, we repair Muskoka boats using traditional methods, good
      jointery and fastners. Poly glue is good stuff, 3M 5200 glues up great
      just a bit messy, Epoxy has it uses but is not the do all to end all

      Randy
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic