58800Re: [bolger] PT decking?

  • Fred Schumacher
    Oct 1, 2008
      If you live in the north, the pressure treated wood you get could be Red
      Pine (pinus resinosa, also called Norway Pine). This is lighter than SYP and
      nearly as strong as Douglas Fir. It takes pressure treating beautifully and
      doesn't need holes poked into it, like White Pine. Red Pine is an extremely
      tough wood. My logger friend says you can skid a log and wrap it around a
      tree and it won't break.

      Fred Schumacher