58563Re: [bolger] seizing rope onto double paddle for Payson Pirogue

  • Christopher Wetherill
    Sep 6, 2008
      Michael,

      I sent a subsequent post with a view of the french hitching, but it
      didn't get on for some reason. Here it is again:
      http://www.geocities.com/roo_two/clovehitch.html It is basically a
      multi-[ass clove hitch. The idea is that you would make the whole thing
      out of one piece of string..

      V/R
      Chris

      Michael Galvin wrote:
      > Chris
      >
      > That Turk's Head looks cool, and do-able by an old scout who never advanced
      > beyond Life. I didn't understand the French hitch suggestion. I see how I
      > could place a Turk's head at the ends of the pole, inboard of the paddle,
      > but where would the French hitch go.
      >
      > Mike Galvin

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic