58557Re: [bolger] Re: seizing rope onto double paddle for Payson Pirogue

  • Harry James
    Sep 6, 2008
      I have no opinion on the back rest except as an old guy I need one after
      a while. You do have to tie your bottom to the boat firmly however. On
      my kayaks the seat and seat sides are a tight fit on my hips and make
      the boat part of my lower body. You start slipping around in waves and
      you will get in trouble quick. If you move around and can't brace your
      feet you can't put force on the paddle either. That all being said, I
      still think rowing is a better way to go, though that is a digression.

      HJ