58553Re: seizing rope onto double paddle for Payson Pirogue

  • Christopher Wetherill
    Sep 6, 2008
      Michael,

      Third try to post this link.

      I sent a subsequent post with a view of the french hitching, but it
      didn't get on for some reason. Here it is again:
      http://www.geocities.com/roo_two/clovehitch.html It is basically a
      multi-pass clove hitch. The idea is that you would make the whole
      thing out of one piece of string. Turks head on either end with french
      hitching in the middle. Not as simple as whipping, but I think it is
      more secure.

      V/R
      Chris

      V/R
      Chris --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Galvin"
      <michaelgalvin@...> wrote:

      > Chris
      >
      > That Turk's Head looks cool, and do-able by an old scout who never
      > beyond Life. I didn't understand the French hitch suggestion. I
      see how I
      > could place a Turk's head at the ends of the pole, inboard of the
      paddle,
      > but where would the French hitch go.
      >
      > Mike Galvin

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic