58279Re: non-planing cruising boat for 4?

  • Ben
    Aug 4, 2008
      Bill

      Hey Bill.I am looking at building a boat along the same lines.I am on
      the NC/SC state line.I will probably be in some of the same ICW
      areas.I'm looking to day trip with 6 and a weekender with 2 without
      having to touch land for supplies.I am looking at some other non
      Bolger designs but I'll leave that out seeing how this is a Bolger
      based site.I prefer to stick with a Bolger design or a spin off for
      ease of building.Good luck.

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Sam Glasscock <glasscocklanding@...> wrote:

      > If you are looking for Bolger designs you might look at Tennessee or
      Idaho.  The Topaz is rated for 50 hp for planing purposes, but PB says
      she will handle well at displacement speeds with a ten horse
      high-thrust outboard, and I know from experience that she makes a
      great ICW cruiser.  I doubt if you will find a commercially-built boat
      to fill these requirements, although one of the electric boat hulls,
      built for displacement, could be modified.  It would probably be much
      cheaper to hire someone to build you a Tennessee or Topaz, if you are
      not inclined to build your own.  Sounds like a great trip--good luck.