58186Re: [bolger] Polyester resin questions

  • David C.
    Jul 25, 2008
      As long as he is not relying on the resin as a load-bearing part of the structure, he should be OK.

      I bet you can get this stuff at a big box hardware store like Home Depot or Lowes. if not, a Googling of "polyester resin" should give you lots a places to buy.

      Yes . . . marine paint is overkill. Any exterior latex primer and paint will look fine. Lasts 10+ years on houses, doesn't it?

      Question . . . Why is he bothering to fiberglas the walls? A quality exterior plywood with a good finish, a coat of primer and two coats of exterior paint would do the job, without the mess and expense of the fiberlasing. I don't see what the fiberglas adds to the project.

      David C