      From: Giuliano Girometta <ggboat1@...>
      Subject: Re: [bolger] Re: Of glue and tape
      To: bolger@yahoogroups.com

      Hi Randy,
      My major work is with antique furniture, custom woodwork and high end yachts where I manufacture, repair and refinish interior and exterior woodwork, and design and manufacture consoles for navigation and communication equipments.
      The wooden boat building is a new hobby for me because I got enough of one life around plastic and alluminum boats. About three years ago I discovered the stitch and glue method, I was very excited about and so I started learning more and more about boat building  and the plywood idea faded away very fast and were replaced by the traditional framing and planking methods. (Oops! I said traditional. Well let said old methods because may be within another 20 years the plywood will become the "Traditional" ).
      I am in the process now to start building a 22 ft semi displacement cabin cruiser with sawn frames and strip planking.
      I need first to complete the place for the construction, a 22' x 55' metal building with wooden framework. The slab is already in place and the metal roof and siding are already here. I just need the time to put it together.
      I don't think to go into boatbuilding because I know myself, I will loose money by putting too much time into details.
      You can see my shop and my work on mywebsite www.elcraftonline. com .

      Giuliano

      From: Giuliano Girometta <ggboat1@yahoo. com>
      To: bolger@yahoogroups. com

      Very good point Randy,
      I totally support you on this one.
      Several time customers come in my shop asking me to repair something that was not properly manufactured or repaired.
      In such cases I tell them that I need to start from scratch because working on something that is wrong is not right and two wrong can not make one right.

      Giuliano.

      From: Clyde Wisner <clydewis@carr. org>
      To: bolger@yahoogroups. com

      It seems we go thru this every year or so. IMHO, most of us would not be
      building boats that float without ugly, nasty, old meraculus epoxy and
      glass. Before this we built very carefully with caevel and lapstrake
      planking, and most of us didn't build at all. One must treat it with
      care and "mess" respect, but I don't think we should under estimate what
      it has made possible for most of us to do, Clyde

      http://ca.toolbar yahoo.com.

      http://ca.toolbar yahoo.com.