58093Re: Micro bottom butt straps

  • Howard Stephenson
    Jul 14, 2008
      Eight times seems about right to me, if you're using the same
      thickness for the buttstrap as the ply sheets you're holding
      together. For Bolger's Diablo, Harold Payson recommends 4" wide
      buttstraps out of 1/4" ply for the 1/4" ply sides. That's 16:1 or
      8:1 on each side of the join.

      Howard

      > I remember reading some place where the butt straps should be as
      thick or thicker then the ply of the skin, and I think it was 6 to 8
      times the skin thickness each side of the seam as well. I remember
      reading it but I can't remember where.