      From: Harry James <welshman@...>
      Subject: Re: [bolger] Okume/meranti/fir
      To: bolger@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, July 1, 2008, 2:35 PM

      I have been thinking about gas and Bolger designs. Fritz Funk made a
      cruise in his Sneakeasy on the Mississippi a few years ago, 200 miles on
      12 Gallons of gas. I live in a town where everybody has multiple boats
      in their yard. The old plastic runabouts slowly disappear into the moss
      and now you are starting to see the large older Tollies and Uniflites
      with the twin Crusaders, Small blocks and 454's not get launched at all.
      $300 to go on a day fishing trip will make anybody pause.

      Harry James
      Juneau

      --snip--