57965Re: [bolger] Okume/meranti/fir

    Jul 1, 2008
      > ... durability/rot resistance of these woods as opposed to fir?

      It varies by 10x or more depending on whether you can store the boat
      under cover, and also depending on the climate.

      Have you considered MDO overlay plywood? That is what I would choose
      to economize and omit fiberglass. But, when I asked Phil Bolger this
      question for Topaz, he unequivocally advised against using MDO plywood
      and wrote advised that I should use epoxy & fiberglass sheathing.
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic