57964Okume/meranti/fir

  • Sam Glasscock
    Jul 1, 2008
      I am getting close to ordering the ply to build a Tennessee.  I am hoping to get away with sheathing only up to the waterline with epoxy/glass, and therefore am considering non-fir ply for the sides and decks/cabin tops.  Does anyone have experience with the ability of Meranti/Okume to withstand checking under an epoxy barrier coat and paint, without glass?   How is the durability/rot resistance of these woods as opposed to fir?  Thanks