57702Re: Folding schooner

  • Peter Kortlucke
    May 21, 2008
      Hi Mike

      I've added a couple of photos taken during construction- these may
      explain the hinges and chine cleats.
      Re the hinge mechanism, the aluminium tangs are longer than designed
      as we added some camber to the deck (purely for aesthetic reasons)
      and are connected simply with stainless bolts as the pivot pins.
      Re the lower connection, spectra line is wrapped around the chine
      cleats for a few turns and then taken to another cleat with a heavy
      shockcord- you can just see it in one of the sailing photos (titled
      15 knots etc)

      Peter

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Michael Walther <michawalth3@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Peter, Ditto everything everybody has said, it's a beautiful
      boat and seeing deployment was fascinating. When you decide to take
      pictures again please remember the hinges & connections, I personally
      can't picture what you've written here (my failing) it takes pictures
      for my brain to get some things:) Thanks for posting
      the pix, Mike

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic