57612Re: [bolger] Re: Depoe Bay Wooden Boat Festival

  • Michael Walther
    May 7, 2008
      Hi Patrick & Group, I don't know for sure, I don't have the tiny boat yet, so I haven't called or checked the site for info yet. From what I've seen, but not studied of the map it's all connected & I've seen the boats in the river, again I'm assuming. I seem to remember seeing private boats there also. After all, if the water can get in & the boats can get out? As long as it's people powered, I can't see the objection, other than the boat rentals have the exclusive rights which means all citizens need to write their congressman & Park 'Service' to get that changed & money to repair, reopen the entire C&O Canal as well. There are businesses & towns that would benefit along with new jobs in boating industry the entire length.
      That's the best I can give you at this moment, Mike