56784re:Ultralite Tortoise / 'Sureply' (R)

  • Mark Albanese
    Feb 9, 2008
      At 20#/ sheet it's only ultralight compared to fir or BC pine, but I
      picked up some of this luan underlay at one of the local HDs today.
      Nicely made, living sheets. Pretty flat. Three even plies. Minimal
      voids. Smooth both sides, one's got little x's as cutting guides all
      over. The young man in the lumber department couldn't say whether it
      was exterior glue, but googled to here.
      http://www.patriottimber.com/sureply.htm

      It was a surprise that different HDs carry different stock.

      $15 /sheet. China, of course.
      This is about the best cheap luan I've ever seen.
      Mark
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic