56150Re: Hatch building

  • Peter Lenihan
    Dec 2, 2007
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Bryant Owen" <mariner@...> wrote:

      > That's Peter Lenihan's boat so probably Peter took the pic.
      >
      > Bryant
      >
      > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce Hallman" <bruce@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I put a picture of the Le Stat companionway here (credit is due to
      > > whomever took that photo, it wasn't me, but I forget who to
      thank.):

      > > http://flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=2074783398&size=o

      Hi Guys,

      Yup, it is my hatch which I built straight out of Bud MacIntosh'
      book"How to Build a Wooden Boat".The text is clear and the drawings by
      Sam Manning are,well as usual, outstanding! Even I was able to make
      sense of them :-)
      The picture Bruce links to was taken by a visitor,Mark, who was at
      that time sorta considering building a Micro up on the Ottawa river
      and paid me a visit.....he even brought along a wee bottle(bless his
      soul!) of fortified grape juice!
      Some other shots are available of the hatch here:
      ?b=1&m=t&o=0 and of course,right in our own files under MICRO, in
      the "Lenihans' Micro" folder.

      I chose to build my hatch the way I did since I figured the boat was
      flat and square enough and a wee bit of yachty looking hatch crown
      couldn't hurt :-) Bolger liked it too when he came on board down in
      Newport during the Woodenboat show in 1993(!)

      It was an easy thing to build,with Buds' book as a guide, and did
      wonders for the boats looks :-)

      Sincerely,

      Peter Hatchbuilder Lenihan..............:-D !!

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic