56132Re: Hatch building

  • dnjost
    Nov 29, 2007
      Be certain that the cut out for the hatch are absolutely parallel.

      The front plate and rear plates of the hatch hold it in place and there
      are notches cut out to ride over the ridge on the cabin sides.

      I think I recall screwing on a 3/4X3/4 rail for the notches to ride
      on.

      I wound up putting brass strips for the hatch to ride on as it was a
      little sticky. that seemed to solve it.

      There is something in Chapelle's on this.

      Bear in mind this was several years ago, so my memory is a tad hazy.

      David Jost
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic