55830RE: [bolger] Re: Building a Long Dory

  • Don Froese
    Oct 8, 2007
      Hi Andy:

      From my experience using single-pack polyurethane paint (not varnish), I
      have found that it does not stand up to abuse nearly as well as a 2-part
      epoxy paint. The polyurethane is much easier to apply and to get a nice
      finish with though. I used epoxy paint on the cockpit sole of my
      Bartender, where it gets lots of abuse. It seems to be holding up very
      well so far. Time will tell I guess.

      Cheers,

      Don