55786Re: Building a Long Dory

  • Don
    Oct 3, 2007
      Thanks for the information Jon. Your point about the chine logs being
      heavier is a good one. I intend to tape in the frames and am now
      thinking I will tape the chines as well.

      Here is another question for you: I have some sheets of very nice 3/8
      marine Meranti ply in my shop. Do you think this would work for the
      bottom if I added a couple of layers of 6-ox. glass/epoxy on the bottom?

      Also, did you use butt-blocks or scarphs on the bottom panel?

      Cheers,

      Don
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic