55783Re: Tiny cat Build

  • Jamie Orr
    Oct 3, 2007
      In defense of butt blocks: I used butt blocks in my Chebacco, and I
      invite anyone to find any flat spots or locate the joints from
      outside. I used butt blocks of the same plywood that made up the
      panels. I believe the butts were 6" wide, but can't say for sure
      without looking -- I expect I scaled them from the drawings.

      I thought about using scarfs, but it would have made the layout more
      difficult as Bolger's layout assumes butt blocks. If you chamfer
      the edges of the butt before installing, you can get a good finish
      inside.

      Jamie Orr,
      Chebacco "Wayward Lass"

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Anderson" <lebateautim@...>
      wrote:

      > Scarf joints always bend fairer than butt blocked joints so long
      as they are
      > allowed to cure before stressing. I glass over the scarf with 4 oz
      cloth
      > just to be on the safe side. Tim P Anderson
      >

      > _____

      Behalf Of