55777Re: [bolger] Re: Building a Long Dory

    Oct 3, 2007
      On 10/3/07, adventures_in_astrophotography <jon@...> wrote:

      > Ultimately, ...unless you just
      > like how it looks - which is of
      > course a perfectly justifiable
      > reason to do it!

      And 'the looks' I like about the stretched light dory is the
      exaggerated 'fan tail', which I don't think is just an affectation.
      That fan tail would be beneficial, I figure, navigating the surf where
      I live.

      http://flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=1476751709&size=o

      This URL Shows my 'mind's eye' interpretation of the shape of a Long
      Dory with the fan tail pulled out some more. The panel layout of the
      sides fits nicely on 2 and 1/2 sheets of 1/4" plywood and the bottom
      cuts from a 12' x 2' piece of 1/2" plywood. If you were careful, I
      bet this 19ft 10in hull could weight less than 100 lbs.
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic