55774Re: Amherst Galley Vs Whalewatcher

  • dproasit
    Oct 3, 2007
      Thank you Bruce and all
      A couple more qu's : Access to bow for WW. In photos it
      looks like you gotta climb thru a window to get there or crawl over
      the top. Any ideas?
      : In AG I think have read that there
      are bench seats along sides, not open floor as in BW, with some sort
      of insert to put in place for having a camp. Is this so?
      : Would BW be a better sailer than
      AG or WW?
      : I keep on waffling on about these
      types since I checked out a BW. However I "think" I need to have an
      outboard which may be a bit untidy on BW and BW is a tad too small in
      the sleeping area for me, hence looking at larger animals.
      : What do you reckon about
      stretching BW a whisker to accommodate required berth length as it is
      everything else that I need apart from a little difficult to get on board.
      : Do you think these designs are
      adaptable to foam s'wich construction and what thoughts does anyone
      have on this. From what I've seen it may be a lot quicker to build
      this way along with less weight for launch and trail.

      See you and thanks again = Darrell

      > > Amherst Galley Vs Whalewatcher
      >
      > The Amherst Galley compares much closer to Birdwatcher. Whalewatcher,
      > by my guess, is triple the displacement of the Amherst Galley.

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic