55762Re: Bolger Micro

  • Peter Lenihan
    Oct 2, 2007
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "endsley_t" <endsley_t@...> wrote:
      > In essence, I want a boat capable of pushing the Elements to the
      > limit. One that, if caught out in a squall, will get me home safe.

      Keep this in mind; it will be the elements that are going to push
      you around, not the other way around ;-)
      Most well built boats will pretty much accomplish the task of saving
      you.The master and/or crew however may not be able to take as much
      as the boat can handle.

      > What are the disadvantages of the added plywood weight?

      Added costs and added difficulty of bending 1" ply...unless you
      laminate 2 layers of 1/2"....but then there is the cost thing again.

      > Any other modifications anyone would use (or did use) building
      their
      > Micro?

      I used stainless tube for rudder post instead of the called for
      piece of wood.

      > If you were going to build today...
      > Micro or Long Micro?

      Micro.

      > Why?

      'cause the first one worked so well :-)

      Sincerely,

      Peter Lenihan,ex owner/builder of LESTAT..............

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic