55757Re: Bolger Micro

  • endsley_t
    Oct 1 6:03 PM
      Thank you gentlemen for your responses. I asked 'per plan' for a
      general idea of the price and time involved for a 'workboat' type
      finish. Even though my goal is a 'Gold-Plater' finish on a strong
      over-built boat.
      I intend to use marine grade plywood throughout. 1" Hull, Transoms
      and Sides (or would it be better to have 1" sides to about 5" above
      where the Transoms meet the Hull and go 1/2" from there up?). 3/8"
      Deck and Cockpit.
      Everything exterior will be sheathed, everything interior will be epoxied.
      I want a true keel with solid deadwood with the ballast through-bolted
      into the Hull.
      I also wish to beef-up the Deck (such as LESTAT) with three laminated
      beams for deck support.
      None of this is new and has been done on some existing Micros and Long
      In essence, I want a boat capable of pushing the Elements to the
      limit. One that, if caught out in a squall, will get me home safe.
      What are the disadvantages of the added plywood weight?
      Any other modifications anyone would use (or did use) building their

      If you were going to build today...
      Micro or Long Micro?
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic