55529Re: [bolger] Re:Cartopper review

  • John Kohnen
    Sep 12, 2007
      Try using two sheets, like a jib. Put turning blocks for the sheets where
      the "hooks" are. That's the way the spritsail on my skiff is rigged, and
      it works great. You just let go of one sheet and grab the other when you
      tack.

      There are advantages to having a boom when the wind is aft, but a boom
      adds complexity and doesn't really help when reaching or close-hauled. You
      know why they call it a "boom" don't you? I saw an older fellow at our
      local yacht club all kitted out to sail his Finn, with color matched
      Spandex duds, PFD, sailing gloves, and even a helmet -- in case the boom
      decided to live up to its name. ;o)

      On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 23:23:55 -0700, r wrote:

      > I have the spritsail not the leg-o-mutton.
      >
      > The hooks are "designed" for the sail I have.

      John <jkohnen@...>
      History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in
      times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant
      to endure. <Thurgood Marshall>
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic