55417Re:Cartopper review

  • chebacco_30
    Sep 5, 2007
      I have the spritsail not the leg-o-mutton.

      The hooks are "designed" for the sail I have. However, I think I have
      found a rather simple solution after seeing this photo of Optis on
      Sailing Anarchy

      http://www.sailinganarchy.com/fringe/2007/images/mine%27s%20the%20white%20one.jpg

      I think I'm going to make myself a boom and quit complaining.

      ps: I don't know how to add a link, but if you copy and paste...

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, catboat15@... wrote:

      > I have built and sailed, rowed and puttered around with a small
      outboard and
      > I was quite happy with the design. (In fact building another one
      right now.)

      > Forget about those hooks for looping the sheet. I think they were
      added for
      > the optional sail plan. What I did with mine was to add a block to
      the clew at
      > the end of the spirit boom. Added a rope horse across the transom.
      The main
      > sheet had a clip that hooked to the horse; up to the block then to
      an eye
      > bolt on top of the tiller where it is hinged to the rudder, this
      allowed me to
      > hold the sheet with the same hand as on the tiller. Since the
      skipper is
      > sitting on the bottom of the boat I added a rope across the hull
      from side to
      > side to grab and pull myself to the windward side when tacking.
      The seat is