55399Re: A or C side out

  • efemiket
    Sep 4, 2007
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Chris Kottaridis <chriskot@...> wrote:

      > When building an instant boat, specifically Bolger's single handed
      > schooner, with exterior AC plywood side panels, should the A side be on
      > the outside or the inside ?
      >
      > By the way I do plan to put cloth on the outside if that makes a
      > difference.

      I built my single handed schooner with the A side out. I could have
      done C side out. Don't think it much matters. It was easy to fill the
      knots on the C side. I glassed the outside (Xynole on the bottom like
      Sue's; regular glass above the waterline), inside will be painted. If
      you are planning to finish the inside bright, then put A side in,
      otherwise, toss a coin.

      Mike
      http://chopandquench.typepad.com/photos/schoonerpix/index.html
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic