55023Re: [bolger] Re: Smaller Sneakeasy

  • dave seeton
    Aug 3, 2007
      I guess I asked for that, Its resin & glass or pick up my club & get back in my cave. I have 9.9 OB is that large enough do you think?
      Dave

      Ron Schroeder <rjs@...> wrote: Tar was used for waterproofing many years ago.

      I am probably not going to go with a box keel on this one. I think
      the keel would be to heavily loaded to plane with only 8 HP with
      more than one person and would be a slight deterement at
      displacement speeds. Probably be OK with a 15.

      Ron

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, dave seeton <daveseeton@...> wrote:

      > Thanks
      > How were boats made before white lead & or resin & glass cloth? I
      don't mean to be a smart ass but cant you build a pretty water tite
      boat with out resin & glass?