55019Re: Smaller Sneakeasy

  • Ron Schroeder
    Aug 3, 2007
      Tar was used for waterproofing many years ago.

      I am probably not going to go with a box keel on this one. I think
      the keel would be to heavily loaded to plane with only 8 HP with
      more than one person and would be a slight deterement at
      displacement speeds. Probably be OK with a 15.

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, dave seeton <daveseeton@...> wrote:
      > Thanks
      > How were boats made before white lead & or resin & glass cloth? I
      don't mean to be a smart ass but cant you build a pretty water tite
      boat with out resin & glass?
      > will the sneakeasy you plan to build have a step down keel?
      > Please keep my e-mail address as I would like a set of plans when
      your done.
      > Dave
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic