55010Re: Smaller Sneakeasy

  • Ron Schroeder
    Aug 2, 2007
      Hi Dave,

      I haven't built THIS boat before but I have built a few boats over
      the years.

      You can build a boat without resin and glass but I would at leat
      glass the below waterline seams.

      My plans would be somewhere between $25 and $100 depending on how
      much effort I go into.

      Freeboard is basically he height of the sides.

      I am in Long Island NY.

      Ron

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, dave seeton <daveseeton@...> wrote:

      > Thanks
      > A couple of questions..
      > Have you built the boat before? Would the extra with make it more
      stable. Can a boat be built without resin & glass cloth?
      > What would you as for the full modified plans?
      > I'm very new to boat building.(16" ceder strip canoe & 16" pointed
      flat bottomed ,2 board lapstrake boat, both are BRITE) so I probly
      wont use the proper terms, hope this doesn't confuz things, like
      whats the free board?
      > Thanks
      > Dave
      > where are you? I'm in SC