Skip to search.

54911Re: [bolger] Tortoise

    Jul 29, 2007
      What a great Tortoise! Pound for pound that has to be the best Bolger
      design. I notice your elegant solution to the dagger board question.

      This reminds me of memories of personal bliss last month, sailing my
      Tortoise in Clear Lake State Park, near Soda Bay, CA. I was sailing
      her in the brisk afternoon North wind, maybe 15-20kts, on a portion of
      the lake with 5 miles of fetch. In conditions to get the adrenaline
      pumping, pushing at hull speed through 1+ foot of swell. The bevel
      of the Tortoise bow actually does a good job of floating the boat up
      and over the swells.
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic