54862Re: Plans from CSD?

  • lancasterdennis
    Jul 27, 2007
      -
      When I purchased my "Old Shoe" plans from CSD, I did not know that
      there was an "issue" with that company. I chose to have my plans
      sent to me as hard copies. I downloaded the written building
      instructions off their website. It took longer than I thought for
      the plans to finally arrive. They looked like copies of copies and
      some text were "just" readable. Not what one would expect for the
      price. I chose to proceed with them anyhows and later discovered
      this site and then subsequently found out about the "issues". Had I
      known this before, I probably would "not" have purchased my plans
      from CSD. As it is, the boat is coming together nicely.

      It is your choice. I am curious if anyone has contacted the owner of
      CSD and asked for the true story about all this. As I see it, you
      have two, maybe three choices here: PCB (who does not respond), CSD
      (who's plans are not updated, etc.) and Ebay (for used plans).

      Good Luck.

      Dennis
      Bellingham, WA

      -- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <p_hardy@...> wrote:

      > There are two problems with CSB plans
      > First, they do not pay Phil any royalties
      > Second, as a result of the first, they do not receive any of the
      > updates such as the navigator option on the micro
      >
      > Paul H
      > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "mrfirkin" <thurcros@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Has anyone here actually bought a set of Micro plans from
      Commonsense
      > > designs?
      > >
      > > What was the quality like? were they complete?
      > >
      > > I would just be purchasing the downloadable PDF version they
      offer.

      > > Anyone?
      > >
      > > Paul

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic