54437Re: delamination of resin and plywood

  • Jon & Wanda(Tink)
    Jun 24, 2007
      Some great answers the only thing I would add is if you are going to
      cover a boat with a tarp buy a good one and create a way for air to
      circulate so it can dry out if it gets damp or wet.

      Jon

      > Just resin is not the answer you need to glass cloth
      > to add bulk for the resin harden in also the cloth
      > helps in adding to the over all strenth of the hulls
      > as well.
      >
      > Epoxy is the best to use and as for your glass cloth
      > look at your industral styles I like the 7781 for the
      > simple reason it's a satin finsh to the cloth so you
      > get a smoother finsh from the cloth then "boat cloth".
      > You are going to spend a bit more for your cloth BUT
      > it will save you hours in sanding time and epoxy to
      > fill the boat cloth.
      >
      > I know they make a number of lighter weights of the
      > same style cloth but I can't remember the numbers but
      > if you look at www.fiberglasssupply.com I think is the
      > site they will have it listed.
      >
      > Yep you will need to clean up the hulls to bright wood
      > and start all over. I'm sure you didn't want to hear
      > that.
      >
      > Also make sure your hulls are sealed so no water can
      > get into them no matter where it comes from. That will
      > give your hulls the best chance to see a long and
      > usefull life.
      >
      > Blessings Krissie
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic