53706Re: New Building Birdwatcher-2 pictures

  • Bob Larkin
    May 7, 2007
      Thanks, Bruce. Jim and Bob had a motor and circled around! This made
      for an interseting angle on the rig. The thing that jumps out to me is
      the importance of luff tension on the Solent lug. Lynne at Sailmaker's
      Art made the sail with a good luff rope, and I ended up with a four-
      part downhaul. It needs to be tight!

      When we played with the Sliding Gunter yesterday, one feature was
      closing up the gap to the mast along the yard, on a beat. This appears
      to be an aerodynamic improvement.

      Bob

      > Thanks, I especially like this photo:
      >
      > http://www.proaxis.com/~janlark/bw2_fos2.jpg