53653Re: Small cats?

  • Paul
    Apr 30 5:43 AM
      You might check out Bernd Kohler's Economy cruiser or Eco 7. They
      are more recent designs and are designed to be low cost family
      cruisers. His web site is
      http://www.ikarus342000.com/Catpage.htm
      There is also a yahoo builders group (k-designs) and Bernd answers
      questions there.

      Paul H.

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "The Peillet-Long Family"
      <owlnmole@...> wrote:

      > Not felines, or catboats, but catamarans...
      >
      > Anyone have any thoughts on any small plywood catamaran designs,
      > probably not Bolger? There are a lot of them out there, but most
      are
      > more for a couple of athletic folks who don't mind getting wet,
      not a
      > family with small kids.
      >
      > There are the Jarcats (very ugly) and a few others, including Jeff
      > Gilbert's Hot Chili (even uglier, sorry, I know some folks like
      that
      > one) and Thomas Firth Jones's Weekender (a possibility, but still
      too
      > sporting).
      >
      > I am really looking around for something like my Junebugamaran or
      > Crabskiffamaran concepts, where folks would ride in the hulls, not
      on
      > the bridge deck, most of the time. The wide stance of a cat would
      be
      > nice with a low sailplan and enough room for everyone. I keep
      coming
      > back to the idea of a pair of those hulls, or maybe Pirate Racer
      > hulls (which already have side decks) with a couple of light cabin
      > trunks and modest rig.
      >
      > Any ideas?
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Matthew